Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Scoutmaster becomes a Blogger!!!

Scouts and Parents,

I decided to finally go to the dark side and become a blogger. This should be a way to keep everyone informed and encourage give and take amongst scouts and parents.

It will be an addition to our website and allow me to quickly post my daily look (or at least weekly) look at the troop. I will also be encouraging our patrol leaders to do their own blogs to improve patrol communication. If anyone has any questions or concerns please email or call me.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Happy Scout Blogging,

Mr. Hills aka Master and Commander

**There is a story behind master and commander, the movie with Russell Crowe came out just about the time I had agree to be the Troop 20 scoutmaster. My wife claims I took the job since combined with my Navy officer title, she would have to call me "Master and Commander." Of course I didn't let her tale keep me from taking on the task, as Admiral Lord Nelson exclaimed upon seeing weevils in his food, "I had to choose the lesser of the weevils."

No comments:

Post a Comment